Through Bank It, Parents, Teens and Children Will:
- Learn how to make positive money choices—starting now.
- Become more comfortable with talking about and managing money.
- Discover how to avoid common money traps.
- Identify easy steps to reach their financial dreams.
- Find people and resources to support them in making money choices.
- Children (grades 3 to 6)
- Teenagers (grades 6 to 12)
- Volunteers (workshop leaders and community partners)
- Bank It grades 6 to 12 is also available in Spanish
Benefits of Bank It
- Helps improve family communication about money by providing tools, ideas and encouragement for both parents and young people.
- Offers positive, empowering and practical guidance to help children, teens and parents make better money choices.
- Blends sound financial information, interactive learning and the 40 Developmental Assets that kids need to grow up successfully.
- Reaches parents, teens and children where they are most comfortable—in community-based settings.
- Introduces all 29 of the “National Standards in K-12 Personal Finance Education” from the Jump$tart Coalition for
Personal Financial Literacy.
- Equips youth workers, teachers, parent educators and other leaders to address financial literacy.
- Is easy, free, flexible and convenient to use.
As a collaborative project of Capital One and Search Institute, Bank It grounds financial literacy in a strength-based approach to youth and family development. This approach affirms that families who talk about financial challenges, values and choices together are stronger and make better choices.