Ways Children and Teenagers Can Earn Money
- Getting an allowance.
- Earning money through simple jobs.
- Getting a part-time job (teens only).
A Job That Pays Wages
- The job pays you an hourly rate.
- You can earn more money with overtime with a job that pays wages.
- You rarely get benefits with a job that earns wages.
A Job That Pays a Salary
- A job with a salary pays you a monthly or annual rate.
- You cannot earn more money by working overtime with a job that pays a salary.
- You may get benefits with a job that earns a salary.
Four Major Taxes That Impact Take-Home Pay
- Federal income tax
- State income tax
- Social Security (OASDI)
What Affects Your Career and Job Choices
- Your interests
- Your education
- Your skills